= 2. FILLING THE REGISTRATION FORM
This step is obligatory for those who need Russian visa.
If you do not need it, please simply inform the Organizing Committee about this.
Each Russian visa will be issued on the ground of
(1) registration form,
(2) photocopy of the passport page(s) containing the holder's
photograph, name, passport number and expiration date.
Please make sure to send all the necessary data no later than
11 February, but much better by 1 February.
Here are the details.
The registration form, to be eMailed to email@example.com, should contain:
1. Family Name ____________________
2. First Name(s) __________________
3. Sex __
4. Date of birth __________________
5. Country of birth ______________
6. Place of birth _________________
7. Citizenship ____________________________
8. Country of residence ___________________
9. Place of residence _____________________
10. Place of work __________________________
11. Work address ___________________________
12. Position __________
13. Number of the passport with which you travel __________
14. Passport date of issue __________________
15. Passport expiration date ________________
16. Passport issued by (the authority) ________________
17. Country and city where the visa will be collected at a Russian
Federation consulate __________________________________
18. Visa required from ____ to _____
19. Destinations in Russia in addition to Moscow ____________
20. Accompanying persons ________________________________
(please see below)
The photocopies of the passport page(s) should preferrably be eMailed
as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another possibility is to fax
them to +7-095-1358533, but this may cause problems with the output
quality; if your name or other crucial details do not come out right,
visa application procedure may suddenly become more complicated.
We will apply for single-entry visas valid for 30 days from 22
March to 20 April 2005. The current regulations do not allow
applying for a visa invitation more than 40 days in advance (11
February in this case). Approximately two weeks after applying
(i.e. about 24 February), we should receive the official
invitation, which will be sent to you via express mail. The
official invitation allows you to apply for and receive the visa
(having paid the consulate fee) at the Russian Consulate indicated in
item 15 of the registration form. (After you have indicated the
city (e.g., London) where you will collect your visa from a Russian
Consulate, it cannot be transferred to a different location (e.g.,
Paris or Edinburgh). If your pre-conference travel plans suddenly
change, a new visa application will have to be made.)
If it becomes impossible to prepare a visa by the procedure
described above (for example, because you fail to complete the
registration form in time or make mistakes in the registration
form), we may be able to arrange an official invitation through a
commercial tour firm more rapidly, but this will cost an additional 70
A registration form and photocopy of the passport must be sent for each
accompanying person. The current regulations are such that a
conference participant must first obtain his or her visa; a copy of
this visa sent to the organizers allows them to initiate visa
application for the accompanying person(s). Considering that each visa
application takes at least two weeks, plus mail delivery time, plus
inevitable deviations from the ideal schedule, we don't think the
process can be reliably completed in 40 days.
A faster alternative for accompanying persons can be as follows.
We will send the standard invitation to all those who can in
principle be invited as participants (i.e., those working in any
research institution); naturally, the accompanying persons thus
invited will not need to pay the registration fee as participants.
accompanying persons who cannot be qualified as a participant, the only
alternative left is an invitation through a commercial tour firm, at
the cost of 70 USD.
Please address any questions about obtaining the Russian visa to
email@example.com. Once again, please make sure to send all the
necessary data no later than 1 February.